“World trade is in large part dependent on the availability of reliable and cost-effective sources of financing. This means that banks and other financial institutions play a vital role in facilitating trade-led growth and development.”
With over 600 members in 95 countries, the ICC Banking Commission is a worldwide forum of trade finance experts whose common aim is to facilitate international trade finance across the world.
Our mandate is threefold:
- Be the authoritative rule making body and produce the universally accepted standard for all forms of Trade Finance. Our rules for trade serve as the basis of USD 2 trillion trade transactions a year.
- Serve as the trusted industry leader for regulators to support the development of a sound financial system.
- Be a global organization which engages “unbankable” regions and segments and develops solutions to integrate them into the global system through well-established collaborations with business leaders from the banking industry, multilateral organizations and development banks.
The ICC Banking Commission is seeking to appoint an intern to support the management and administration of its projects and activities.
- Support the management of the ICC Trade Register project – a world spanning data pool of risk information – in partnership with +25 tier-one banks and the consultants assigned to it.
- Contribute to the production of the ICC Banking Commission Market Intelligence Products, including the annual ICC Global Survey on Trade Finance
- Support strategic decision making process of the banking commission leadership and the internal and external flow of information
- Support ICC Banking Commission overall activities, including policy and rules-writing work and the range of projects generated by the Commission.
Skills and abilities
- Self-motivated individual with a proven ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Good interpersonal skills, with a diplomatic approach
- Confidence in liaising with a range of stakeholders – individuals and organizations
- Interest and/or general knowledge in banking, finance, trade finance
- Proven skills in research and exploration as well as accomplishing detail oriented tasks
- Ability to write content for communications and marketing purposes and preparing correspondence
- Website administrative experience, as well as familiarity with a range of computer software programmes and applications
- Knowledge and experience with data visualization tools is a plus
The working language for the ICC Banking Commission is English. Proficiency in French and any other languages are favorable.
- Internships are remunerated according to French law. Internships are full-tim The average working week is 35 hours.
- A convention de stage established between ICC and the intern’s university or institute of origin is compulsory (French Act n° 2006-396 of 31 March 2006). An application without a memorandum of agreement (“convention de stage”) will not be considered
- The intern must have an appropriate insurance valid in France for any damage caused to a third party (third party liability insurance: “assurance responsabilité civile”) and a social insurance (illness, work accident…)
- Nationals from outside the European Union or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Monaco, or Switzerland are required to get an appropriate visa from the French consulate.