The Princeton Society of Fellows, an interdisciplinary group of scholars in the humanities, social sciences, and selected natural sciences, invites applications for the 2018-2021 Fellowship competition.
Four three-year Postdoctoral Fellowships will be awarded this year. The stipend for each of the three years of the fellowship will be approximately $86,600. In addition, fellows are provided with a shared office, a personal computer, a research account of $5,000 a year, access to university grants, benefits and other resources. Fellows are expected to reside in or near Princeton during the academic year in order to attend weekly seminars and participate fully in the intellectual life of the Society.
If you have already applied to the Princeton Society of Fellows, you may not apply a second time.
All candidates will be informed of the status of their application by the end of January, 2018. Interviews will take place in early February. The Society will reimburse the cost of travel and lodging associated with the interview. Names of fellowship winners will be posted on the Society of Fellows' website in July 2018.
Applicants should review carefully the following guidelines before completing the online application.
Applicants may apply for one or more fellowship(s) pertinent to their research and teaching by choosing one or both fellowships on the online Application.
Applicants who have previously applied for the Princeton Society of Fellows' postdoctoral fellowships may not re-apply.
Please note that you must complete the online application, and submit all supporting materials, at the same time. However, it will still be possible to edit your application and/or names of referees for up to three days after submitting the application, but no later than the deadline, September 15, 2017, 11:59 p.m. EST.
- There is no application fee.
- We cannot accept mailed, emailed or faxed applications.
- It is not necessary to send a transcript of graduate courses or grades.
- Applicants who have previously applied for the Princeton Society of Fellows' postdoctoral fellowships may not re-apply.
- Applications may not be withdrawn after the deadline of September 15, 2017.
- The dates for completion of the Ph.D. degree - between January 1, 2016 and September 15, 2017 (for ABDs: June 15, 2018) - are strictly observed, with no exceptions.
The "completion" of the Ph.D. is determined by the date on which you officially fulfilled all requirements for the degree at your institution, including defense and filing of dissertation.
- All candidates will be informed of the status of their application by the end of January, 2018. Interviews will take place in early February. The Society will reimburse the cost of travel and lodging associated with the interview.
- Applications will be read by faculty in both the Society of Fellows and the host departments.
- All application materials and the selection committee's evaluations remain confidential. The committee is not able to provide feedback on individual applications or interviews.